I finished the required sixteen quilt squares for my seat covers. Actually, I must have been on a roll cause I made an extra one. Wasn’t too long ago, (last year) that it took me a whole day to make one. We still can’t decide what color to paint the table and chairs. Not a big problem. Actually, this part of the project is kind of fun.
Huge winds today. More tomorrow. I have a front row seat to watch the storm and I often get distracted. (hence the extra quilt square) We didn’t even put the bird feeders out. The birds will have to fend for themselves until I am sure the feeders aren’t going to fly off the cliff.
First big pot of soup for the winter is on the stove. Basically, everything in the fridge leftover from our weekend guests and my daughter’s visit went into the pot. Little bit of bacon, cauliflower, mushrooms, carrots, peppers, chicken breasts, tomatoes, Boursin cheese, cream cheese, wine and onions. I’ll let it sit on the stove for a couple of days and it will be delish.. If not, at least the fridge is cleaned out!
E went up to the cabin with the jamb skills he learned yesterday and installed the bedroom doors and the french doors out to the front deck. The bedroom doors were our old cupboard doors and the french doors used to lead out to the perch at the front of the old house. Just one door more to finish, the door to the bathroom but at least now we are closed up from the elements.
I think they look fantastic. Safe to say he now has the
hang of doors