We have been working like mad men and when I say we, I mean mostly E and Craig, to get the house wrapped up before Christmas. We have made huge strides… let’s see what have we accomplished this week.
- The last of the garbage left by barge.
- All remaining debris burned.
- All of the cork flooring laid (throughout the whole house)
- Furniture put together and set up.
- Christmas Baking (that was me).
- Fir transitions made and installed around tiled areas.
- Fir casing made and installed (spray foam seal) around deck door.
- Fir stops made and installed around all of the windows
- window seat painted
- Christmas tree chopped down and decorated.
- Garden Seeds for next summer ordered (that was me too).
- Paintings hung.
The Fir Craig is using for all of the trim is left over from the beams and posts we prepped this summer.
Hundreds of sea lions are parading past the house every day from four til dark. I don’t know where they are going but they make quite the spectacle. It is hard for us to continue to work with such a display in front of the house.
The weather has been incredible. Here it is the middle of December and all of our doors (yes, Mary all three) are open while we work. Tons of sunshine and blue skies. The fogs from last week have cleared and we are thrilled with our good fortune. The rains are supposed to start again this weekend but we have made the most of our last few days of sunshine.
This time last year the hummingbird feeder was freezing over night but it hasn’t been below zero (celsius) this winter, yet.
We have even had time to watch few of our favorite Christmas movies…
So, lots accomplished and we are thrilled. But if you want to be my friend please stop asking if our missing
windows have arrived